We are always open for help from responsible adults - this makes our program more exciting and we can extend our presence at more locations, which means more kids can benefit from all great values we can offer.
if you are interested or need more information - Contact Us.
Why become a leader:
- Learn and master new skills, to enjoy the outdoors, weekly meetings (as work and family schedule allows) and outings such as service opportunities
- Have fun, make friends possibly for life
- Help make a positive difference in the life of a child, lead them to Christ
- Grow in your own Catholic faith especially with and through experiences with our youth
- Do your best to be a good role model, share your areas of interest and skills while learning new skills from others
- To see and experience the positive growth of the youth entrusted to the volunteer's leadership team that you are part of
- You do not need previous experience, you will learn together with the other leaders as you progress through and in the program
- To be part of a larger family of brother or sister Explorers
- To work in the same gender program
- Willing to place the safety, welfare and needs of the youth first and foremost
- To help save souls by allowing the Lord to work through you
- To learn by doing and from any mistakes made
- To do your best, to be prepared and to have fun
Please check the individual program pages for information about becoming a leader.
Information and articles for leaders:
Useful weblinks for Leaders & Patrol Chiefs:
- Inquiry Net! is a very thorough resource of traditional scouting from Ernest Thompson Seton, Daniel Carter Beard and Baden Powell. Lots of ideas for activities here as well as the philosophy and skills of scouting.
- Netwoods is another great resource available on the web.
- Game Database UK: A comprehensive database for scouting games.
- Books of games for scouts. This is an online scouting resource, MacScouter, and is definitely worth looking at the rest of this site.
- Scoutorama - FSE site with a lot of camping skills and information - NEW!
- Scout Songs
- Notable Knots If you want to learn some knots, here is a good reference.
- Jungle Book stories
Again, have any questions or suggestions - don't hesitate to Contact Us.